Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bonjour French Cleat

 With the bedroom finally painted we decided to mount the headboard we made here to the wall instead of to the bed frame.  Andy did some research and decided that a French cleat was the best option so he planned one using a 2x4.

We measured to fit it between the existing supports.

Mounted part to the wall

And checked for level.

Since we are mounting the headboard to the wall it doesn't need legs anymore.

From the front it really doesn't look any different

But from the side it is mounted flush with the wall and is a huge improvement over the original design.

No comments:

Post a Comment