Friday, May 31, 2013

I Almost Forgot....

Someone recently pointed out to me that I never posted final pictures of the bathroom.  We have been using it for almost a year now so this post is a bit overdue.  It took us a little longer to finish all of the trim. Some of these pictures make the room look very yellow which it isn't -- someday I'll have to learn how to use the white balance on our camera!

Just past the door on the right used to be a wall so the linen cabinet, second vanity, and new closet are located in what used to be a closet!

We took out an old tiled shower and added a bathtub. I'm not sure the shower curtain is permanent but it works for now. The dark circle in the ceiling is a vent.  The cover still needs to be painted.



With niches....(I LOVE the niches)



And some artwork (one of only two rooms in the house that we actually have pictures on the walls!).  We originally saw a set of these prints at a local lighting store and we thought they were a bit pricey.  We tried to look up the name of the artist online in the hopes that we could buy unframed prints (we thought it was fancy!).  Then one day I found these at Kohl's (they were very cheap!) and I have seen them at multiple stores since. So here's to cheap reproducible art, but at least it has a good story. 

Not to spend too much time on a toilet but we do love this Kohler model.  It has a great easy-clean function to remove the entire seat that we didn't even know about when we bought it.

 


 

This window finally got a blind and some trim.  It still needs some sort of window treatment but I haven't found a fabric I like yet.

We love the vanities and linen cabinet.  We have more storage than we know what to do with! Andy is still working on some crown moulding for around the tall linen cabinet.



And the closet at the end of the room is dedicated to some additional storage and some of Andy's clothes.
 

It's a slight improvement over the original!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment