Friday, September 30, 2011

Hall Light

Earlier this summer I scored a bunch of new light fixtures during a tent sale.  And by score I mean bought six new light fixtures for different areas of the house for about 10% of the list price.  On average each light cost me around $10 dollars. I really had no idea what to expect from the sale and I wasn't prepared for what I found -- there were piles of name brand boxed lights everywhere and they weren't necessary in the correct box so I had to open EVERYTHING -- but it was worth it. We've been slow to get them all up, but we did manage to update the hall light just inside the front door. 

 BEFORE. 
The old brass fixture was in perfect working order but it just wasn't our style so it was donated to Goodwill.

AFTER.  A new oil rubbed bronze fixture. There are a ton of other things that need updating in this picture -- front door, some paint to get rid of the "contractor cream" and flooring, but the light is a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment