If year one at this house was the year of demolition and remodeling then year two will be the year of painting. We have a ton of work to do! We are just about ready to prime and paint the new drywall, so I figured I should get started on the laundry room first. I bought paint for this room a few months ago, but haven't found the time to get to the painting. It is time to get rid of the green and yellow.
After the doors and hardware were removed I had to find a new home for all of this stuff. Apparently we didn't give much thought to organization when we moved in. It fit and was behind the cupboard doors -- good enough. The entire right side is all dog stuff. Maybe Kodak needs to help!
And after everything was removed we could see our nice yellow cabinets.
Soon to be white...
After the first coat.
I also had to work on the doors. Ready to be cleaned and painted.
I thought green and yellow were bad, but apparently these things were blue, orange, green, and some form of gross olive green in a former life.
I took them outside and scrubbed them down first.
Then we setup an area in the garage to spray the shutters.
After the first coat. Unfortunately, these are going to need more than two coats and the fronts and backs both need painted. I'm hoping to get them done over the next few days