Sunday, December 2, 2012

Shoes, Shoes and More Shoes

Between Andy's hip surgery at the end of September and Hurricane Sandy at the end of October a lot of house projects got put on hold and there were several that I forgot to blog about.  So hold on to your pants, people -- there's a lot of blogging to be done before the end of the year!

I have been using my new closet for clothing since the end of July but we hadn't figured out how we wanted to arrange shoe storage just inside the closet.  My shoes remained in my office for a few more months.  We debated a fully built-in cubby system but it lacked flexibility, then we talked about a pre-made unit but there are conflicts along the bottom wall because of baseboard heat.  We finally settled on a shelving system with rails and adjustable clips for the shelves. It's perfect and holds all of my shoes (I promise -- it didn't look like I had so many when they were on the floor of my office!). And I share with Andy too (he gets the top shelf for less used shoes).  He prefers to keep most of his shoes in a bin by the backdoor.







No comments:

Post a Comment